-
May 13th, 2006, 04:11 AM
#1
GreyMyst
Guest
My Jess' hair is PERFECT and IMO is alot like my Marisol's in texture.
Keep trying!
The second one I picked off the shelf at AGPLA was perfect, so I didn't even have to look that long. I may have just been lucky though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
May 13th, 2006, 04:22 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Thanks Cami and Sara! It is good to know that all the Jess's are not like these three. I have to tell you I was getting pretty discouraged. I have wanted Jess since before she came out, because I homeschooled my kids. [img]smile.gif[/img]
You can imagine how thrilled I was when my husband ordered her for my birthday. Then he felt so bad about her quality that he ended up ordering me the party table so I had something nice on my birthday. He is such a sweetheart. By the way, that table IS gorgeous! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
We never made a big deal about my birthday before as my thinking was that birthdays were for kids. Last year, we totally skipped my birthday, because my mom was in the hospital. (She died four days after my birthday. ) [img]frown.gif[/img]
I think my family was trying to give me some new memories this year so they went way overboard. We even had decorations! My son bought me the Cabana, and the two dolls in my signature were gifts from my dd. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Grace is #18 and Jenny is #26. They are both fantastic dolls with great hair, though since they both have very different hair from most of the other AGT dolls that didn't tell me much about the other AGT dolls.
I always feel bad about returning things (especially dolls.) Customer service didn't make it any easier. The woman I spoke to when I called to return the 2nd doll was very nasty. I have been dreading making another call. Thanks again for your encouragement. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 13, 2006 01:25 AM: Message edited by: MaryCarly ]</font>
-
May 13th, 2006, 04:29 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Oh wow! I'm with Cami, I got a really good Jess. You absolutley need to send the doll back and get a new one!
-
May 13th, 2006, 11:20 AM
#4
Inactive Member
My Jess also arrived without a problem, but there were a lot of HB members who had problems with Jess.
As far as AGT 6's hair, I think that the AGTs with bangs have the nicest hair. You probably couldn't go wrong there.
-
May 13th, 2006, 11:36 AM
#5
Inactive Member
I completely know what you are going through, I've gone through so many Jess's and I just ordered another to avoid asking customer service to send me yet another doll. The very first Jess I got had beautiful hair, but had problems with the body (I wish I would have kept the head because now I have a great body and that dry hair that you are talking about). If you get a nasty CS again, I would just hang up and re call. There are so many nice ones, it's a shame that those few nasty's make it such a bad experience! Good luck and keep trying! A good Jess is worth the trouble in my opinion.
Shanna
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 13, 2006 02:50 PM: Message edited by: slovejoy ]</font>
-
May 13th, 2006, 01:49 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Marycarly I hope you get a good Jess that you like and you should. I'm wanting to get her but I sure don't want one with bad hair either. Don't let the AG rep. talk nasty to you it's us costumers that keep AG in business. They are they to help with any problems you're having not be mean to you.
-
May 13th, 2006, 03:48 PM
#7
Inactive Member
The last AGT we purchased was #22 about a year and a half ago. Her hair is a bit of a problem. It is pretty and soft, but just flys away if you even breathe near the doll.
My husband just ordered Jess for my birthday. She arrived with her wig separating right downt the middle. The replacement arrived with an ugly brown stain on her neck so I didn't even bother to look at her hair. Jess number three came today and half of her hair is sticking out all over and way too short for the braids. I took one braid out to try to fix it, and ended up with a handful of hair without even brushing it. Also, the ends of her hair are super dry and in way worse shape than even our 15 year old doll that was given to my dd when she was 4 and saw lots of playtime.
Is it even worth trying to get another Jess? Is this the new trend in all of the AG dolls? I have been considering getting #6 , but I am now wondering if her hair is going to be this bad too.
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 13, 2006 12:49 AM: Message edited by: MaryCarly ]</font>
-
May 13th, 2006, 03:55 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Within the last year I've gotten 4 dolls- Elizabeth, AGT26, Jess, and Kirsten. All were, what I considered perfect, including Jess.
I'm amazed at the number of people here who have gotten bad Jess dolls. You should definitely keep requesting new ones until you get one that's to your satisfaction. $87 for a doll is a lot when there's some insane problem with it. AG needs to see that people care about quality, and aren't going to settle for less that $87 worth.
My Jess's hair is nothing like the ones you described, but I ordered her the day of her release. There are good ones out there.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks